3 Fun Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and at Jerusalem Mediterranean Chef’s Table, we think that you should be able to have fun with your early morning meals. We believe that cooking can be quick and easy, so we would like to share 3 fun breakfast recipes for you and your family to try out!
• 4 eggs
• 2 cups of whole milk
• 8 ounces or 2 cups of grated cheeses (Swiss or Gruyere)
• Pinch of salt and pepper
• ¼ tsp nutmeg
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees
• Butter any pie dish and sprinkle cheese in
• Whisk the eggs and cream until well combined
• Pour mixture over cheese in the pie dish
• Bake for 25 minutes until lightly browned and custard sets (center will slightly jiggle)
#2 5 Ingredient Crepes
• 2 ¼ cups whole milk
• 4 large eggs
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
• 6 tablespoons (melted) unsalted butter
• Add milk, eggs, and salt in a blender and combine well. Add flour in slowly (add small amounts at a time) then pour in melted butter and combine all ingredients
• Pour batter in a glass with a spout that helps to pour. Let the batter rest for at least 5 minutes.
• Test the batter’s consistency – you are looking for the batter to be thick, but not as thick as pancake batter. If it feels too thick, add a little more milk.
• Heat an 8-inch pan or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. The pan should be hot enough to hear a sizzle upon contact.
• Pour ¼ cup into the center of the pan making a very thin pancake-like pattern.
• Edges should start to lift after about 1 minute. Once this happens, quickly flip the crepe for about 20 seconds.
• Repeat until all batter is cooked
• Add topping like Nutella and strawberries or lemon and sugar
• Servings – 16
• 120 Calories
• 110mg Sodium
• 7g Fat
• 4g Protein
• 11g Carbs
• 0g Fiber
#3 Shakshuka Pizza (serves 2)
• 1 sheet puff pastry
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 cloves chopped garlic
• 1 can crushed tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• Kosher salt and black pepper
• 2 eggs
• 2 ounces’ feta
• Fresh parsley
• Place a large bowl over a strip of puff pastry and cut around to make a circle – bake for 15 minutes on 400 F or 200 C.
• Add olive oil to your frying pan with garlic and fry until golden brown. Pour in canned tomatoes, spices, and cook for 2 minutes.
• Take the dough out of the oven and scoop tomato sauce onto the dough.
• Create a small well in the tomato sauce for the eggs and carefully place them in the wells
• Top with feta and broil for 3 minutes
• Garnish with Parsley
We hope that you enjoy these 3 fun breakfast recipes. Let us know what some of your favorite breakfast recipes are!