Our mouth is watering at the sound of its name already. You can make this delicious treat anyway you like. Some enjoy it with nuts and fruit preserves, but others love it with chocolate. Americans make theirs a different way because they fill it with chocolate chips. On the other hand, Israelis tend to make their own filling. So today, we’ll be making it the Israeli way which has a dash of cinnamon! We’re sure that you’ll love it!
8 ounces cream cheese
7 ounces butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup grated bittersweet chocolate
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon cocoa
1/4 cup sugar
1. Using a mixing bowl, cream the cheese and butter together. Combine it with vanilla and sugar until it’s smooth. Mix the flour lightly into the batter. Place in the fridge for an hour or so.
2. Set the oven to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Separate the dough into four. Use a floured top to begin rolling your pin. When the dough is about 1/8 inch thick, you can stop.
4. Use a separate bowl for the filling. Combine grated chocolate, sugar, cinnamon, and cocoa together. You want to sprinkle the butter to the center and then add the chocolate on top of that.
5. Cut the pastry into triangular shapes
6. You want to start from the thick side of the wedge and roll it towards the point.
7. Using a baking sheet, line it with parchment paper and place your pastries.
8. Brush with sugar and egg.
9. Leave this in the over for about 25 minutes or until it’s golden brown/
10. Serve and enjoy!